Read about how you can apply for subsidised access to one of the YMCA’s programs or services.
- All applications must be nominated by a referral agency to assess eligibility for subsidised access.
- Applicants must be living or attending a service or school local to a YMCA.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult while attending any YMCA program.
- Both an application form (to be completed by the individual seeking support) and a nomination form (to be completed by a referral agency) must be fully completed before being considered for support.
The application process
If you are an individual seeking support:
- Find a program or service at the centre that you feel would benefit you.
- Speak to the staff at a verified referral agency and tell them you are experiencing difficult circumstances and would like to access YMCA programs or services.
- Download the application and nomination form (to be completed by you and a referral agency). Once the form is fully completed forward it directly to the YMCA Open Doors representative at the centre.
If you are a referral agency:
- Identify clients who would benefit from a YMCA program or service.
- Review the programs and services to find a suitable one for your client.
- Confirm that you will liaise with the YMCA so that your client will be supported throughout the time they are with the YMCA.
- Download the application and nomination form (to be completed by you and the applicant).
- You are to verify that your client would benefit from participating in a YMCA program or service but due to their financial situation is unable to do so.